NEW – High School Assessment Contract Awarded to SAT (College Board)
August 31st – Last Day to Make Corrections (for District/School Accountability) in SIS for SY 2018
List of Reasons for No Valid Test Attempt (for SIS corrections)
SIS Help Desk – 217-558-3600, option 3
Registration – Illinois Assessment Update Webinars – June 22nd, 2018
Recorded Assessment Webinars
NEW ─ All student scores for PARCC are posted in SIS.
School staff have until June 29th to make corrections in SIS (for reports from Pearson).
E-reports (Published Reports in PAN) will begin to be posted on July 27th.
Pearson will deliver Individual Student Reports (ISR) to districts by August 17th.
All student scores for PARCC are displayed in Pearson Access Next under On Demand Reports. The filters on the left side of the page will help you determine district and school performance.
To report lost or damaged PARCC test material (secure material only), complete the form at the link below and fax the document to Pearson.
PARCC Help Center Contact
Monday – Friday – 5:30 am – 6:30 pm (CT)
SAT® Spring 2018
June 2018: SAT Scores Training Workshops
Four Steps to Accessing SAT® Suite of Assessment Results (for Educators and Students)
SAT® School Day scores from the April 10, 2018, SAT School Day administration were available to students in their College Board account beginning on Thursday, May 3, 2018. If students cannot view their scores, they should call the College Board’s Student SAT Helpline at 1-866-756-7346.
SAT® School Day scores from the April 10, 2018, SAT School Day administration will be available to educators through the College Board K-12 Reporting Portal beginning Monday, May 21, 2018, for students who tested at their school.
Scores for some students will be released later than May 3, 2018, for reasons that include participation in the later accommodations testing window or on the makeup testing date, late receipt of answer sheets, missing information on the answer sheet, or other exception conditions that require additional attention. If educators have questions about the K-12 reporting portal contact College Board at 1-888-728-4357 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAT data are scheduled to be posted in ISBE’s Student Information System during the week of July 9, 2018.
Districts may begin to review the SAT Correction file in SIS, including entering “Reason for No Valid Test Attempt” (RNVTA) codes. Please refer to slides 41-49 from the April 13, 2018, Assessment Webinar Update PowerPoint for detailed guidance.
ISBE Web Link for SAT® Information: https://www.isbe.net/Pages/SAT.aspx
SAT® Illinois Customer Service: 844-688-9995 (Option 1)
SAT® Illinois Customer Service: email@example.com
NEW ─ The PSAT reimbursement data collection deadline is June 20. The survey tool will close the morning of June 21. No new packets will be accepted after the survey tool closes on June 21. ISBE is processing reimbursement claims and will send final letters to district superintendents as approvals are finalized and submitted to the ISBE Funding and Disbursements Division for payment. If you have questions, call Dan Brown at 866-317-6034.
Illinois Science Assessment (ISA) – 2018
The 2017-18 ISA window closed Monday, April 30, 2018, at 5 p.m.
- Initial test records loaded into IWAS under the Assessments System Listing Friday, May 19.
- ISBE is matching remaining records with poor data quality, so please verify SIS enrollment data. Create enrollment record if none exists. Then contact ISBE if you have students missing from the test record count and we will attempt to match them to the correct enrollment records.
- School districts can continue to enter RNVTA and make corrections to SIS data.
- ISBE will announce, via the listserv and webinars, when the ISA correction window closes (after agency staff complete the initial data reviews etc.).
ISA Test Windows
2018-19 Test Window: March 1st – April 30th, 2019
ACCESS Scoring Appeal Requests
DRC has two scoring appeal windows for 2018. For requests received by July 13, 2018, reports that show improved results will be posted on WIDA AMS by August 29, 2018. For requests received between July 14 and September 21, 2018, reports that show improved results will be posted on WIDA AMS by October 30, 2018. Scoring appeals are available for only the writing and speaking domains from the 2017-18 cycle. A $200 fee per domain applies if the score does not change. To request an appeal contact ISBE at 866-317-6034, or send an email to Barry Pedersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WIDA 2018 Summer Professional Development Academies
Academies are three-day offerings that allow K-12 educators to further explore WIDA’s products and resources, supporting their implementation of the WIDA ELD Standards. Designed for 30-50 participants, they provide ample opportunities for discussion and application. Learn More.
WIDA Screener Live Q&A Webinar Schedule
WIDA and DRC are offering free, live Q&A webinars about the WIDA Screener. Some of the webinars will focus on the online WIDA Screener, and others will address the paper form.
Please see the schedule and log in information at this link. No advance registration s required. You can join the webinar 15 minutes prior to the start time. The webinars will be recorded and posted on the WIDA website.
WIDA Client Services Center Summer Hours
April through September
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm CT
A customer service representative will be available by phone and email during these times. They will respond to email and voicemail messages within 24 hours.
ACCESS Score Caps Discontinued
For 2017-18, score caps will no longer be applied to Tiers A and B of the listening and reading domains on the paper form. Prior to the 2017-18 administration, students who took the ACCESS for ELLs Tier A and Tier B test forms using the paper mode had their proficiency level (PL) scores capped. Tier C proficiency level scores were not capped.
- Students taking the Tier A test form could not score above PL 4.0 in Listening or Reading.
- Students taking the Tier B test form could not score above PL 5.0 in Listening or Reading.
The WIDA Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) recommended removing the score caps as a step to improve score comparability between the Paper and Online administration modes of ACCESS for ELLs 2.0. Beginning in 2017-18, score caps have been removed for listening and reading and students’ PL scores are no longer capped in any tier. This change applies only to ACCESS (Paper test form) in grades 1-12.
My Child is an ELL: A Parent’s Guide
WIDA has created a flyer and video series that helps educators explain to families how children are identified as an English Learners and what it means for their education.
ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 Score Interpretation Resources
2017-18 score report resources are now updated and posted on the WIDA website, including:
- Interpretive Guide for Score Reports
- Individual Student Score Notes template
- PowerPoint for talking with parents and families
- Lesson Plans for talking with students about ACCESS testing and results
WIDA 2018 Conference Registration
Registration is now open for the WIDA 2018 Annual Conference!
WIDA Foundational Workshops are Now Available to Districts and Schools
WIDA-developed, research-based professional learning workshops are now available. The workshops are designed to support use of the WIDA ELD Standards & Assessment System in districts and schools.
- NEW – DLM preliminary scores were posted in SIS on June 18, 2018. Any student with an unassigned record will be posted on June 20, 2018.
- NEW – Please be sure to apply the correct RNVTA to student records. Students who have a RNVTA code 5 and the SIS exit date is after testing, those district staff will be receiving a communication call regarding this mismatch of data.
- DLM correction window opened on May 10th. Any student who did not test will need to have a Reason for No Valid Test Attempt (RNVTA) entered in SIS under Assessment Correction: DLM-AA.
- District test coordinators can begin to pull a DLM Test Administration Monitoring report in Educator Portal to verify who did or did not complete testing.
- 2018-2019 School year
- Wednesday, March 13th – Wednesday, May 8th, 2019