- Educator must hold a Professional Educator License (PEL), a Substitute Teaching (SUB) License, or an Educator License with Stipulations endorsed as a Teacher’s Aide (PARA).
- The license must be registered in ROE #21. (Registration fee paid online through ELIS account).
- Educator must complete the Substitute Listing Application form for Substitute Teacher.
- Educator must have a Health Exam completed within the past year and a TB test within 90 days of employment.
- Once all steps above have been completed, educator must undergo a criminal background investigation. During this investigation, educators will be fingerprinted and names will be checked through the Illinois State Police Murderer and Violent Offender Against Youth Registry and the Child Sex Offender Registry. The fee for the background check is $55.00.
- Please call one of our offices for an appointment to schedule your background check.
Benton Regional Office of Education #21
901 Public Square
Benton, Illinois 62812
618-438-9711Marion Regional Office of Education #21
Williamson County Administrative Building
407 N. Monroe Street, Suite 300
Marion, Illinois 62959
618-998-1283Vienna Regional Office of Education #21
111 S. Fifth St. / P.O. Box 96
Vienna, IL 62995
618-658-3381Metropolis Regional Office of Education #21
1102 W. Tenth St.
Metropolis, IL 62960
- Please bring all required paperwork with you to your appointment for a Background Check. Once your background check results have been received by our office, you will be mailed a Substitute Authorization Certificate and you will be placed on our Substitute Listing.
Please visit the link below for a schedule of fees associated with ROE #21:
2016-2017 List of Fees