If you would like to substitute teach in ROE #21 you must hold a valid Professional Educator License (PEL), Substitute Teacher License (SUB), Short Term Substitute License (STS), or Paraprofessional (PARA) License.
- If you hold a Teaching License (PEL) you DO NOT need a Substitute Teaching License, a
Short-Term Substitute Teaching License or a Paraprofessional License.
- A Substitute License (SUB) is valid for 5 years and is renewable. Note: You must have a
bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution
- A Short-Term Substitute (STS) License is valid until 2023, regardless of when it is issued.
You may not substitute more than 5 consecutive days for one teacher with this license. You
must complete a STS training course prior to issuance of this license. Note: You must have 60 hours of college coursework from an accredited institution
If you would like to be placed on the Substitute Listing as a: Substitute, Paraprofessional, Teacher’s Aide:
- You must hold a license and the license must be registered in ROE #21.
- You must complete the appropriate paperwork which includes:
- Once the appropriate paperwork is completed, you may call one of our offices to schedule an appointment for the fingerprint background check.