District Software Specialist
Website Marion CUSD #2
K-12 School District
Marion Community Unit School District 2
District Software Specialist
Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent and the Technology Director, performs a
variety of support work involving both specific routines and broadly defined policies and
procedures; works cooperatively with staff and provides trainings per the direction of the
Administration, maintains district website/social media accounts, knowledge of local student
information system and state information system, assists managing digital curricula, resident
Infinite Campus expert for the district and performs other related duties as assigned
1. Meet and interact with employees in routine situations which require tact, discretion
2. Provide a variety of clerical duties involving all but the most complex matters.
3. Give information and interpretations of policies or procedures related to departmental
or school activities.
4. Establish, maintain and monitor accurate, neat and efficient electronic and manual filing
5. Manage inventory and keep proper records of all technology equipment and digital
6. Create log-ins for new staff
7. Prepare and post social media posts for the District with approval of Administration
8. Assist in the orientation and training of the employees or volunteers.
9. Ability to handle confidential information with complete security.
10.Conform to District policy regarding attendance and absences. Employee attendance
must be adequate to perform the above listed essential job functions.
11. Drive a car.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary to Performance of Essential Functions
1. Computer skills
2. Preferred Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s Degree
3. Prefered two years clerical/secretarial experience, including word processing
4. Ability to communicate effectively and help others
5. Successful work background
Desirable Knowledge & Abilities
1. Previous experience in a public school setting or institution of higher education
2. Experience working with the public
3. Ability to perform minimal bookkeeping procedures
4. Hold and maintain an Illinois Driver’s License
5. Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
6. Knowledge of local student information system and state information system
7. Ability to maintain accurate clerical records and prepare simple reports
8. Ability to learn and interpret rules, regulations, laws and instructions
9. Knowledge of and ability to use English correctly and appropriately
10.Ability to perform required clerical work accuracy and within established timelines
11. Ability to operate a variety of office machines, technology equipment and Google Suite
12.Ability to utilize word processing, database and spreadsheet programs on the computer
Specifically for This Position:
1. Ability to meet and interact with employees with tact, courtesy and discretion
2. Ability to compile information from various sources and type on a variety of forms
3. Ability to exercise independent judgment in the interrelation and application of standard
practices and procedures
● Perform other duties as assigned
Anticipated Salary $45-50K
To apply for this job please visit www.generalasp.com.