- This event has passed.
Participants will engage in content related to both AAC assessment and implementation as described below.
Let’s Chat! Implementation of AAC in the Classroom
This session will identify evidence-based strategies to encourage the use of AAC in the classroom. Participants will discuss the importance of vocabulary selection and identify target vocabulary based on
student behavior and communicative functions. Participants will identify barriers to success and develop strategies to avoid these barriers in order to promote total communication in the classroom.
1. Participants will identify which individuals may benefit from AAC intervention techniques.
2. Participants will name implementation strategies for use in the classroom.
3. Participants will identify appropriate AAC vocabulary for use in the educational environment.
Getting Started with the Student- Centered AAC Assessment
**This is an intermediate level training – participants should have prior knowledge of AAC tools and
This presentation will discuss the Augmentative and Alternative Communication assessment process, considering the strengths and needs of an individual in order to identify the features of an appropriate
AAC system. Assessment models will be briefly discussed and the steps of the assessment process will be outlined. Participants will identify the benefits of matching the technology to an individual’s needs rather
than matching the individual to the technology.
1. Participants will list the components of the feature match assessment to support communication.
2. Participants will name three tools to support the AAC Assessment process.
3. Participants will compare and contrast the features of a variety of apps and speech generating devices for communication.
Facilitated by: Amanda Wydeveld-Khan, MSS, CCC-SLP
This FREE professional development opportunity is offered through an ISBE grant.
Questions? Email Samantha Conklin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Link: https://bit.ly/3GIchE1
ROE #21 Training Center
502 West Jackson Street
Marion, IL 62959